Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Few problems



I've had a 1999 Toyota Avalon XLS for a few years now and there hasn't been any major problems but a week ago I had my keys in my pocket and accidentally started the car with the wireless remote and it was probably running for over an hour to 2 hours. It does turn itself off after 25 minutes but it still is on just not running.



1) Well my battery died because I did that and after that happened I do not hear the confirmation honks when I hit lock and unlock on my wireless key fob (don't know a lot about cars, more of a computer guy lol) but it was working before the battery died on me.



2) The Drive light on the PRND2L in the dash is out and this happened before the battery died, I don't know if there are fuses to replace or if I have to fix the light.



3) For a few days after the battery died, there was a light that came on the dashboard and it was the light for the brakes saying check your brake lights but it goes away when you turn off and on the car. It doesn't do this anymore but I didn't know if it might have a relation to the wireless key fob thing and the security system?



I checked the fuse for the wireless key fob system and pulled it out and put it back in to see if that would work, it didn't and the fuse is good. Any help is appreciated

Reply 1 : Few problems



I have the '95 XL and on mine remote I don't get the confirmation honk thing whenever you lock it. I believe thats how they made it.



And on the brake light thingamabob, mine does it as well along with the check engine light with all the other stuff on the left side of the dash. I think it's normal?

Reply 2 : Few problems



Your remote start is aftermarket. There is likely a setting that ables/disables your honk confimation.



The PRNDL, just like any other light, there is a bulb that probably needs to be replaced, not to big of a deal and....



The lamp light that comes on in the dash is usually because you have a bulb either burnt out or on the brink of burning out causing a difference in the wattage that is tripping the light. Just need a new bulb. You could have an incorrect bulb in there.



P.S. make sure that you get the Correct bulb or the light on the dash will not go away. Usually the brake like will trip this dash lamp. An easy way to confirm the brake is to turn on the car and step on the brake pedal, if the dash light comes on when you step on the brake, you have a burnt out brake light.

Reply 3 : Few problems



Thanks for the rely, I found my receiver for the door controller and can't find any kind of instructions or manual for it. its a denso tn151300-5990 fcc id: hyq1513y there were 2 different boxes in the trunk right next to each other, didn't bother to look at the other one because i didn't want to break the piece holding it there but if this information isn't good then i'll look at the other one



When we first got the car it had the feedback horn set to when we unlock and lock it would honk the horn and we got used to it so i'm just lookin to get it honkin again lol

No comments:

Post a Comment