Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Head Gasket, Got lucky...Maybe



Well here is a new update on the new (to me) '89 Toyota Pickup. Managed to put a goofy wheel temp on to get it wheeled into the shop. ONe mechanic took a quick look and noticed the head gasket was leaking.... $200 buck almost sound too good to be true. I can only assume the PO seen this got a quote and then decided to off load it.



Doing much research on this and reading the forums, apparently there is a recall still active on the 3VZE motor. My fathjer works at the Toyota Dealer here in town so I had him, and two other dealers look into this for me and to my surprise this recall was never done, my truck still qualifies !!!!!! I think had the PO known about this, I'm sure he would have kept the truck. A little research goes a long ways, not a bad deal after all :P. Thanks everyone on TN for all the information I have been searching for and will contiunue to read.

Reply 1 : Head Gasket, Got lucky...Maybe



FYI! Some years ago, I didn't respond to the repeated requests for the head gasket recall. I finally let the local Toyota dealer perform the head gasket replacement on my low mileage truck, because they offered me a free rental car while doing the recall fix.

Reply 2 : Head Gasket, Got lucky...Maybe



Yeah, and from what I have been reading I think toyota can get a full seal kit.

Reply 3 : Head Gasket, Got lucky...Maybe



Hey all, been a while since i posted. Turns our head gasket not covered in this so called recall. Anyways Got the truck into a buddy of mine garage. He is working on the HG and just send a me a picture of the engine going back together, thought I would share.



I just got back the heads from the machine shop. Pressure tested perfect, milled, ready to rock and roll. 200 bucks not to bad either. I just dropped off the my buddy bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment