Monday, March 21, 2011

1AR-FE Synthetic question



Hi guys!



I just bought a new 2011 Highlander 2.7L a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering what oil comes as a factory fill in it and how long should I wait until I switch it to synthetic?



Also the saleman at the dealership claimed that there is no longer a break-in period on these engines but the manual states to take it easy for the fisrst so many miles. What is good break-in routine and is it really neccessary?



Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 : 1AR-FE Synthetic question



I changed mine at 2200 miles and put mobile1 in it.I'm just old hat I think it should be changed before 5000 miles like they say.Drive it like it will be driven the the hole time you are going to own it.Don't baby it.

Reply 2 : 1AR-FE Synthetic question



Anyone who says that there is no such thing as a break in period is a fool.

The automakers have too much faith in their low-bid factory fill oil and pathetic full-flow oil filters.



Change it out when you want. And, pick an OCI that you're comfortable with that takes into account YOUR driving style.



Check your manual since you might already require a 0w20 which is usually a majority synthetic. With 0w20, you might have the 10k interval too(if you do all highway driving).

No comments:

Post a Comment