Friday, March 18, 2011

If Not DDM, Who Else?



Hey ToyotaNation,



I've been crazy worried about ordering from DDM now. After reading reviews here and on HIDplanet, DDM is beginning to worry me a lot! I've even seen documentation from their warehouse of how they only carry 4 colour temperature bulbs yet claim they have several - hence why people here complain their bulbs aren't the colour they wanted. I also hate their customer service, they're a bunch of idiots on that end and barely give you the time of day...pricks.



Anyhow, I don't want to pay through the ass because we all know HID's aren't manufactured at a ton of money per unit so I need some good deals here. I need something that has great light output quality equipped with sturdy ballasts and long-lasting bulbs. Anyone got some recommendations?

Reply 1 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



sonictuning.com



way better!!!



i hate DDM! waste of my money

Reply 2 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



I got kit form these guys



http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/x...id=p4340.l2559



nicely built kit,free harness, 5 years warranty, can't beat it.



and 5K and 6K lightbulbs were different...

ballast are wether sealed, good wiring.

used bulbs for two weeks only, still got them, can sell you if you need them.

Reply 3 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



Yup trying to get my money back from DDM.... I ordered H11 kit and and backup set of bulbs on Feb 6 and still no word from them...





WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY...

Reply 4 : If Not DDM, Who Else?




Quote:








Originally Posted by SoUtHsIde_ChI
View Post

Yup trying to get my money back from them.... I ordered H11 kit and and backup set of bulbs on Feb 6 and still no word from them...





WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY...



call and ask for a refund! dont take no for an answer! i will be piss! what did the tracking number say?

Reply 5 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



Try mod-express, they use to sell on this forum a few years back ...



I remember buying a kit back then for $200 LOL fml ... That sounds bad but the xenondepot kits were about $400.



Had my mod-express kit for 2+ years now. Working perfectly fine. Bulbs actually matched in colour, ballasts are still going good. A bit more $$ than DDM though.



Im not sure about their quality NOW it does seem like they cheaped out a bit .. but who knows. Not sure if Rob is still the owner but hes a REALLY good guy, ordered a 2nd kit from them, emailed him about a free relay harness and he didnt hesitate and threw one in for me, at the time these harnesses were going for a good $30...



Try them out www.mod-express.com or try www.xenondepot.com

Reply 6 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



no tracking number and possibly not even shipped im going to call right now....

Reply 7 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



Good luck..



I don't know how downhill DDM has gone, but they at first ignored how my ballasts ignited at different times, and finally, only swapped out a defective ballast when it started to flicker. Turn-around time was quick, though.

Reply 8 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



^ Yeah ... if you get their products and it works than you got your moneys worth but if it doesnt, for people like me in canada, the return cost of shipping is more than a new kit ...



What sucks is that they kept tinkering with their prices, some times its $35, sometimes its $25, sometimes 39.99, sometimes $30. And now they REALLY jacked their shipping costs. I remember like 3-4 kits would cost 45 to ship to canada, now 1 kit is 40bucks! Thank god I dont need any more HID kits. Cant even make any money reselling them either, made a few sales, pretty good profit making ~$60 a kit, onec they come in the mail i just flip it and get some cash

Reply 9 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



yeahhh

if DDM is hit or miss, then I dont wanna take the risk

shipping is already expensive for Canada

so if I get a defective product I would have to ship it back and everything

but I doubt there are sites or places that will charge the same price of DDM and ship for less

Reply 10 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



Hidextra, V-leds, and xenondepot.

Reply 11 : If Not DDM, Who Else?




Quote:








Originally Posted by SoUtHsIde_ChI
View Post

no tracking number and possibly not even shipped im going to call right now....



no tracking numbe? they didnt send

Reply 12 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



MOD_express is good, have them on my car for over 2years and never have any problems

Reply 13 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



I like retro solutions kit. I recently ordered the Digital 35w kit with the 10 second time delay relay plus harness. They shipped it fast (i got it in about 4 days) works like a charm. They sell less expensive kits too but I don't know about those.

Reply 14 : If Not DDM, Who Else?



don't they rebadgw their product like everyone elses?

No comments:

Post a Comment