Friday, March 18, 2011

Thinking about selling the 92 P/U and building a V6 87 Runner



I am just throwing the idea around and figured I'd get your thoughts.



Here is the runner I am looking at:



http://richmond.craigslist.org/pts/2186869590.html

Reply 1 : Thinking about selling the 92 P/U and building a V6 87 Runner



If you're going to tag it, do you have to pass emissions inspections and safety inspections?

Have the diffs been regeared to match the 35's?

Why did he pull th engine?

What conversion did he use to bolt the TH350 to the stock t-case?

What condition is the frame in?

I'd wonder what shape the trans is in.

Reply 2 : Thinking about selling the 92 P/U and building a V6 87 Runner



We have state inspections, but thats no issue.



All great questions, I sent him an email with a few others I hope to see it in person this weekend and get more info.

Reply 3 : Thinking about selling the 92 P/U and building a V6 87 Runner



Man that entire thing sounds like a massive pain in the ass to me.. Just puttin' it out there.

Reply 4 : Thinking about selling the 92 P/U and building a V6 87 Runner



The build process? Yeah its not the easiest thing, but luckily most of the parts are already on this one.



I am hesitant to give up my turn key P/U to start a new project... but a runner would be fun, especially with the removable top.



On a side note, if I dont get the runner I need to get these blocks out of the back of the yota and add some ladder bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment