Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Tacoma Owner with some questions



So I thought I was going to be a T100 owner. Guess I thought wrong. The owner backed out on me and it took a few days but I found something else. I'm now the proud owner of 97 Tacoma V6 SR5, 5SPD with 218k miles. The rust is very minimal and besides a few small things here and there she's very clean.



Unfortunately I'm getting a few weird noises and a little oil leak that I'll have to track down. Pretty much in every gear besides first coming up through the low RPMs I hear a noise that is "raspy" to say the least. If I don't accelerate as hard the noise levels out. If the truck is in neutral the motor sounds great and I can't hear the noise. I've only had the truck for a few hours so I can't really tell if it's valve noise, heat shields, driveline etc. I figured I'd replace the trans fluid and use some seafoam in the gas and intake. Any suggestions? Thanks ahead




No comments:

Post a Comment