Friday, March 25, 2011

Another Tire size Question?



I have been running around tire shops comparing actual sizes to those stamped on the side of the tires. (with a tape measure) My current, thrashed and dead set of Goodyear Assurance 205-65HR-15's, have a much wider footprint than most of the 215-60HR-15's, I would like to replace them with. Whats up with this, a 205, should have a 205mm section width. A 215, should have a 215 mm section width (and a wider tread), yet this is rarely the case. I want a big beafy set of 215 tires that will put that patch on the road in a 60 series profile, on my American Racing 15x7 rims, yet very few 215's actually measure up. Now I don't trust govn't regulated tire size standards anymore. Whats the widest 215-60-15 replacement tire available?

Reply 1 : Another Tire size Question?








Reply 2 : Another Tire size Question?



So true man! Almost every 215, tire I measured had a tread width less than my 205 Goodyears!!

No comments:

Post a Comment