Sunday, March 20, 2011

Roussel Toyota - bad experience, advice needed



I recently tried to put together a deal on a truck I saw listed on the internet at Roussel Toyota in New Brunswick. I had not seen it yet, nor had I signed any paper work. I did make a deposit of $500.00 over the phone subject to a few things that did not pan out. After the deal went sour, they refused to refund my deposit and quite frankly were rude and demeaning on the phone. Toyota Atlantic is looking into it but it seems they have little power over independant dealers. I put a complaint in with the BBB but I doubt they can do much either as I at the whim of the dealership. Any ideas how I can get my money back? I ended up doing business with Acadia Toyota out of Moncton who were great to deal with. After 25 years of buying Toyotas this is the only time I have ever had a negative experience.

Reply 1 : Roussel Toyota - bad experience, advice needed



Since they are obligated to refund your deposit, talk to the general manager of the dealership and if he does not budge, threaten to take them to court and also get the press involved if they don't refund your deposit.

Reply 2 : Roussel Toyota - bad experience, advice needed



The used car manager, Fred Roussel, is the son of the general manager, so blood is thicker than water so-to-speak. If the used car manager was more accountable to the general manager then speaking to him might be a good idea. Sometimes doing business with these family run dealerships is not such a great idea, or at least in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment