Thursday, March 17, 2011

Automatic side door won't close



Hey folks first time post. i live a ways away from a dealer and am hoping someone can help me diagnose an issue with my van. So I've got a different spin on what is a pretty common problem. I recently replaced the motor and center hinge for the right side automatic sliding door. Everything has worked fine for about a month and now I have a new issue. Pushing any of the door buttons, fob etc opens the door but won't close it. When i push the button to close it I hear a rhythmic clicking inside the door. It's always the same patterned click and I'm sure it's the clue to what the issue is. I'm thinking it's a relay of some sort but... I have reset the doors but that didn't help. It's a 2006 with 40,000 miles. Any ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment